If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (209) 477-3090

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Does Ortega Mold Damage Actually Hurt My Home?

9/18/2017 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation in Ortega Is Accomplished by SERVPRO

Mold Remediation Is Always a Wise Choice for Ortega Properties

Some homeowners question how mold can cause so much damage to their home. Sure, the fungus is troublesome, but is it worth expensive restoration fees just to stamp out some mold? The fact is that mold damage to Ortega homes can cause expensive, visible, and long-lasting damage to your home, even leading to serious structural damage in some cases. Taking care of mold in a timely fashion is equally important, as growth tends to follow an exponential curve and significantly worsen with time. So, what, specifically, can mold do to a home?
To start, our experiences with mold damage in Ortega have almost always involved some amount of deodorization. Many varieties of mold create strong, musty, and foul odors, requiring intense deodorization treatments to nullify. If left untreated, these odors can embed themselves in the home and persist for years after the mold itself has been wiped out.
Secondly, mold does not just appear on your walls and furniture for no reason. When mold begins to grow on your property, it has found not only space but also a source of food. Mold feeds off of your furniture and home, digesting organic material and eating away at whatever surface it has infested. Wood, fabric, drywall, wallpaper, tile grout, and carpeting are all materials SERVPRO commonly must replace due to excessive corrosion from mold damage.
Finally, visible mold damage may be a small precursor to a big problem. If mold has started to grow in an unusual place (away from faucets, taps, and bathrooms), this may be an indicator of a leak or break in your pipes or walls. SERVPRO inspectors equip special moisture-detecting devices to find sources of moisture and eliminate them before more serious damage can occur.
No matter how bad the mold gets, SERVPRO of Stockton is ready to help whenever you need us. Give us a call 24/7 at (209) 477-3090 for our services or advice on home damages.

More information about this area here.

Other News

View Recent Posts