Move Beyond Fire Damage In Ortega
Understanding the Intricacies of Smoke and Odor Elimination Are Key to Complete Restorations Post Fires
Coping with the many stresses and decisions associated with the damage fire does is not an easy task. Residents of the Ortega neighborhood seek reliable and experienced help when their homes suffer from the charring, soot, and odor caused by a household fire. Restoration of fire damage is part of our core services, and we are eager to assist when fire afflicts our community.
A tangle of electrical wires sparks and smolders in the corner your family room. Your older wiring is overwhelmed, and the fire damage resulting is now a challenge to overcome in your Ortega house. Although the fire never got a chance to spread, the thick smoke and harsh smells moved throughout your home quickly. Cleaning up the sooty residue and eliminating the odor is a job we do well and much more efficiently than any do-it-yourself effort you might try to make.
Smoke and soot are tough cleanup problems and require a certain set of procedures to be taken in a precise order to be effective. SERVPRO technicians have advanced training in fire restoration and have education in the assessment of the damage site which then informs them on the tools and products that are most appropriate to return structures, fixtures, and belongings to the condition they were in before the fire.
If soot is light, a dry sponge and HEPA vacuum are the best choices for cleanup. Because this fire smoldered, the smoke and soot are thicker and more sticky. Spraying with cleaner and wiping may work, but it is likely a solvent, and an abrasive pad is needed. Caution and skill are keys when using a more aggressive cleaning technique, making the training SERVPRO provides our crews essential. This training leads to speedy and fruitful fire damage restoration. Our mission is restoration rather than tear outs and replacements, an approach which is less costly and disruptive to the day to day activities of our clients.
An electrical fire leaves a tenacious odor, and SERVPRO deodorization experts have strategies to eliminate it. Recreating the conditions that produced the odor with a thermal fogging unit often works, creating deodorization particles through combustion that seek out the molecules containing the smell and neutralizing them. We also have good results with hydroxyl generators, and train our workers to operate them properly. Expect us to use any or all of the techniques we know to eradicate the stench until you are satisfied it is no longer a problem.
Cleanup and deodorization after an electrical fire are tasks SERVPRO of Stockton technicians handle like professionals. Call (209) 477-3090 for a fired damage repair consultation as soon as possible after the flames are gone.
Map of this area here.