If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (209) 477-3090

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Commercial Mold Cleanup

6/18/2017 (Permalink)

Mold in a Petris dish

Commercial Building Mold Remediation

It is increasingly problematic when mold grows in buildings that are often crowded, such as businesses and schools, because it comes in contact with a large amount of people. Mold remediation becomes an essential process because mold affects the health of students teachers and the public.

Mold Growth
Mold can grow indoors just as easily as it does outdoors. Mold grows on any organic surface with the help of moisture and oxygen. This means that it can grow on insulation, paper products, wood, and carpet. Excessive moisture in a building can assist with the development of mold.

The problem will become worse if it is left untreated. The issue with some mold is that it can remain undetected. Mold spores spread from mold, and they cannot be entirely eradicated from any environment. However, mold growth can be contained using the proper treatment methods. 

Mold Treatment
One of the most effective ways to reduce mold development is to lessen the amount of moisture in a building. Excessive moisture in a building results from floods, uncontrolled humidity, structural damage, leaky roofs and inadequate ventilation. There are other causes of excessive moisture. Appliances may cause condensation. Modern construction can often create buildings that are airtight, which creates an environment with excessive moisture. It’s important to properly ventilate schools and businesses to avoid excessive moisture.

The most efficient way to combat mold is to seek out mold remediation services from SERVPRO of Stockton can properly handle surfaces that are contaminated with mold to avoid further contamination. Special tests are used to distinguish the types of mold present and how best to treat them. In addition, SERVPRO of Stockton can contain mold spores to prevent them from spreading. This prevents people from inhaling the mold spores and causing them to spread.

We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Stockton is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Stockton community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.

When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO franchises if we need additional resources or personnel in the local area. When your commercial property or home has mold damage from leaks or flooding, we have the experience and expertise to help.  Please, give us a call. (209) 477-3090

Other News

View Recent Posts