If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (209) 477-3090

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold is out there.

5/28/2017 (Permalink)

Mold growing on the inside of an office wall.

There are few topics that are filled with as much misunderstanding than mold.

So many people are afraid of mold and blame mold for a long list of negative health issues. In reality mold is an important part of life and we can't live without mold. Most molds are not toxic. Howe er, some mold can cause health problems. When mold is found in the indoor environment we need to remove it and control it from reoccurring. That is done by control indoor humidity. 

Studies have revealed that for indoor mold to grow it requires a damp surface, or high indoor humidity. When indoor air is above 60% Relative Humidity for several days ( usually five days or more), mold spore may be able to colonize and grow. 

When mold grows inside a wall cavity, the mold may be able to produce gases that can escape from the wall cavity and put toxic spores into the indoor air. However, the mold that is visible on the outer surface of a wall presents the greater risk. That is why the EPA says, "If you see mold, remove it."

For help with mold concerns please call SERVPRO of Stockton at 209-477-3090

Other News

View Recent Posts