Helping Those Who Help Others Increases Our Contribution to the Community Around Stockton
When a quickly contained electrical fire happened at the American Cancer Society's donation-supported Discovery Shop, we were thrilled to be asked to mitigate the damage. Helping this charity continue supporting others in our area by doing what we do best was a real honor.
The soot from the fire was a concern, as many of the guests and staff at the Discovery Shop are fighting cancer. Not all types of cancer make a person bed-ridden and those that can help others often choose to do precisely that. Making sure they can keep working or visiting the Shop without smelling sooty and smoky odor means they can move forward after what might have become a severe loss to the community. Instead, we made things entirely and thoroughly clean again, “Like it never even happened.”
We carried out our work quickly by working in teams. When we work this way, we can finish much more rapidly and cover everything needing attention more thoroughly than if we worked as individuals. Supporting each other and building on our strengths helps us and others wanting to achieve their goals to succeed more easily.
Every surface, including the inventory, required some form of treatment to remove the soot. While the residue layered onto surfaces was reasonably thin, its removal still needed specialized tools. SERVPRO keeps these on hand and ready to go at all times. We continuously train and study to keep ourselves prepared to mitigate any size job, no matter how small or complicated. Just like any type of cancer can devastate a family, any amount of damage is too much and requires skilled mitigation experts.
Our dedication shows up in our willingness to clean every surface until it sparkles again, including windows and glass doors. The ever-changing inventory thrills the customers passing through the Discovery Shop's doors. However, it all required slight cleaning. We performed this and got things back on the recently wiped-down shelves and cubbies. Books, which many fell under those for children, needed some brushing off of soot, and then those ended up back on their original shelves.
Many people came here before the fire to see what treasures they could find, and we are proud to know that they can continue browsing and finding unique items again. SERVPRO of Stockton is ready to help you, also, with fire and smoke or soot damage in your business or residence. Call us at (209) 477-3090, and we can get started on getting things back to normal again.