If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (209) 477-3090

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Professionals in Stockton Give Fire Prevention Tips

6/8/2020 (Permalink)

Prevention is the First Step in Fire Damage Mitigation in Stockton


While professional damage mitigation companies like SERVPRO can help to reduce the costs associated with fire damage and control the effects of a home disaster, the most effective way to reduce the impact that fires can have on your home comes in the form of prevention. Preventing fires from starting (and getting out of control) requires a bit of diligence and care in your day-to-day life, but can be well worth the effort to avoid trouble in your household. Keep these tips in mind, and you could avoid some of the most common causes of house fires in America.

Turn Off Appliances

Heat-generating appliances such as stoves, ovens, and even toasters can cause severe fire damage to your home in Stockton if they are left turned on without supervision. Whether through malfunctions in the appliances themselves or the spontaneous ignition of anything placed on or inside of them, fires can start suddenly and unexpectedly whenever a source of heat remains in use. Taking care to turn off the oven or stove when it is not in use could save you an expensive repair and restoration bill later on.

Watch Over Candles

Candles can enhance the atmosphere of your home and imbue the air with pleasant aromas, but using them too much can sometimes lead to disaster. Even though contained within ceramic or glass holders, candles can cause large-scale house fires without much warning. Be careful around their flames, and never leave a candle burning unattended in your home.

Keep Fire Extinguishers Ready

If a fire starts somewhere in your home, being able to respond quickly with a fire extinguisher can stop a small incident from becoming a severe disaster. Keep a foam fire extinguisher in one or more accessible spots of your home to ensure that you can handle a small blaze without needing to call in the fire department.

SERVPRO of Stockton can help control costs and damages in your home after fire damages take place. If your home has been affected by a fire, call us 24/7 at (209) 477-3090.

Other News

View Recent Posts