If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (209) 477-3090

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Wet Basement In Your Stockton Home Can Allow For Mold Damage

7/5/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Wet Basement In Your Stockton Home Can Allow For Mold Damage Mold in your Stockton home is something that every homeowner should seek to remedy as quickly as possible.

Mold Damage

Mold in your Stockton home is something that every homeowner should seek to remedy as quickly as possible. With more understanding of the hazards of mold exposure, more potential health effects get attributed to it. That is why services like professional mold remediation exist, to help homeowners remove this presence from their house and help to restore the damage it has caused.

A common location for you to find this mold damage in your Stockton residence is in the basement, though any area offering moisture and warmth could be susceptible. Often, homeowners cannot see the colony at all, but rather know it exists because of the strong, musty odor that emits from thriving fungal growth.

When our SERVPRO mold remediation specialists arrive at your house, one of our first concerns is locating the source of the moisture. Dampness and moisture are requirements for mold growth, so this effect came from a source. In basements, degrading blockwork in the foundation can allow for a persistent humid and moisture-ridden environment. By locating this source, we can work to prevent recurrences in the immediate future.

Once the mold colony has gotten removed from the material, it seated on, and our SERVPRO professionals can get to work on drying the area thoroughly and deodorizing. Drying starves out the mold spores in the air and prevents them from seating, so this is a critical step in our remediation efforts.

Deodorization is also an essential step to take, but this is often one of the final tasks of our remediation technicians. Using thermal foggers, our team can emit a dense fog that breaks apart harsh odor molecules and entirely neutralizes them on contact. This procedure is safe to perform on furniture, fabrics, carpeting and more.

Mold is a serious discovery for any homeowner and a situation that you should work to address as promptly as possible. You can trust our SERVPRO of Stockton remediation technicians to rapidly respond and get to work quickly on removing the colony growing in your house. Give SERVPRO a call 24/7 at (209) 477-3090.

Click here for more about Stockton.

Other News

View Recent Posts